Following our recent residents’ survey, the Southfield Liberal Democrat Councillors have launched our three pledges for the local elections which take place on 3rd May 2018.
Photo credit: Jon Perry
1. Cleaner and Safer Southfield:
• Free from litter, fly-tips and leaves by re-introducing weekly sweeping. The Conservatives supported Labour party proposals by voting with them earlier in 2017, leading to two reductions in street cleaning from a weekly service to every 12 weeks.
• Replace failing contractors, or withhold monies, until they keep our streets clean.
• Work with the local police team to support projects that reduce crime.
2. Public transport better for all:
• Piccadilly Line tubes to stop at Turnham Green tube station. Lib Dems successfully persuaded TFL that Piccadilly Line tubes can stop at Turnham Green station, we just need them to upgrade the signalling ASAP.
• Tube and rail stations, and bus stops, to be accessible for those with mobility issues.
• Expand the number of electric charging points.
3. Protect Local Health Services:
• Stop our hospitals, such as Charing Cross, from being downgraded or closed.
• Look for ways to expand access to local GP doctors and dental provision.
Councillor Gary Busuttil said: "Residents want to see a cleaner Southfield. Liberal Democrats will be tough on contractors who let us down. The Liberal Democrat Councillors all live in the area and work all year round to fix Council related matters that residents speak to us about."