Councillor Gary Malcolm, Group Leader for Ealing Liberal Democrats speaks at Ealing Citizens Assembly and commits to delivering real improvements in services across the borough including a real living wage, tackling rogue landlords, delivering social housing, training mental health champions and improving the SEN system.
Ealing Citizens is a group of community and faith organisations who are building a civil society alliance in Ealing to develop leaders and work together to deliver change in the borough. After public consultation, they are organised a Citizens Assembly on the 27th April 2022 to present real life stories of people's struggles in Ealing and a set of asks to the borough's political leaders ahead of the 2022 local elections. Cllr Gary Malcolm was joined by Cllr Peter Mason (Leader of the Labour Group) and Cllr Greg Stafford (Leader of the Conservative Group).
Councillor Gary Malcolm on behalf of Ealing Liberal Democrats agreed to work with Ealing Citizens to:
- promote a real living wage across the borough, especially with contractors.
- clamp down on rogue landlords to protect private renters across Ealing (see video).
- take action to deliver more social housing in Ealing including delivering Community Land Trust CLT homes
- Improve access to children's and adult mental health services across the borough including community mental health champions
- Offer more support for children and families to access Special Educational Need services. We will train SEN champions and fund council SEN link workers across the borough.
The broader Ealing Liberal Democrat manifesto Six-to-Fix is available on our website.