At Ealing Council’s Cabinet meeting tonight (10th July 2018) Councillor Gary Malcolm attacked Labour-run Ealing Council for failing in so many areas. These included:
- Ealing Council is failing as figures show that 46% of its performance is worsening compared to the targets.
- Failing targets for Good or Outstanding schools.
- Failing, where only 1.8% of people’s journeys are by cycle, against the low target of 3.5%
- Failing to keep our streets clean where targets were failed for litter, graffiti and fly posting.
- Failing residents who waited to be spoken to when phoning Ealing Council people waited 48 seconds against a target of 30 seconds (many just hang up!)
Councillor Gary Malcolm, Ealing Liberal Democrat Leader said: “The Liberal Democrats say that Labour are failing in so many areas including our schools, having dirty streets, giving a very poor customer service and not encouraging enough people to cycle. When I asked about what they were going to do to improve things, the lead Labour Councillor said that Ealing Council were ‘doing bloody good’. That smacks of arrogance and complacency.”