Scotch Common - not listening
A new Controlled Parking Zone (CPZ) is causing traffic congestion in Scotch Common. In a Neighbourhood Forum the Labour Councillors denied that the problem exists. Residents who have to deal with the problem on a daily basis were ignored.
Bellevue Road - not listening
Residents of Bellevue Road have parking problems because of a new CPZ. Councillors came up with ridiculous suggestions.
1. A double-yellow line, so no-one could park.
2. Paving over and parking on front gardens. Which are far too small for a car.
3. A CPZ - the Labour default solution.
Controlled Parking Zones (CPZs) - not listening
Gurnell Development - not listening
The re-development will create parking pressure on the Gurnell Estate. A number of solutions to discourage overspill parking have been put forward. The residents make it clear to us they don’t want a CPZ, but that is the only option offered by Labour councillors.
Lighting - not listening
You are telling us that you are frightened to walk the streets at night as the lighting has been reduced to save money.
Police station closure - not listening
Only the Liberal Democrats are campaigning against the proposed closure of the Ealing police station. If you have not signed our petition please do.
Labour candidates - not interested
Check the Ealing Cleveland Labour Facebook page. It was last updated in January. In the last year we couldn’t find a single post about any of the issues which people are complaining to us about on the doorstep and online:
● The state of the roads - potholes everywhere, and poor cleaning.
● Poorly planned parking, like the Scotch Common issue.
● Loss of playing fields due to the Gurnell development.
● Delay in giving Ealing its Cinema.
Labour has been in power in Ealing for too long. It is time for change and for a balanced council. Vote Liberal Democrats.